There are several perspectives to have in mind, when trying to make choices that are good for the environment, as well as for our own health. Here is an example. Let’s say you want to buy a pair of jeans. Then you need to think about the following besides design, fit and price:
- Which type of fabric and how it is made, to be organic
- Which type of dye is used and how it is made, to be eco-friendly
- How it is manufactured, to curb climate change
- Workers conditions, to be socially responsible as well as fairtrade ( paid according to share)
- How the waste is taken care of, to be eco-friendly
- How the distribution goes, to be sustainable
- How long they will last, to be durable in comparison to the above
(These factors can also be taken into account for other things than jeans.)
A great example of a green innovation is the Orange fiber, an Italian business, who has created a new type of fabric, through making cellulose from oranges after they have been used to make juice.
Do you have any ideas of how to live a greener life? Let’s meet at Telluselle Living Center and brainstorm!